Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sneak Preview

A while back I mentioned my intention to create an ornament tile for the holiday season. At this point, I have designed one for Christmas and am giving some thought to other religions. Suggestions are always welcome. For now, here is a preview of the Christmas tile. Note that the colors are not accurate. What appears as red is actually bare clay and all colors are web safe. What actually comes out of the kiln will look a little different.


I estimate the dimensions at about 3.5 inches square to keep them as light as possible so they can be hung from a tree if desired. I'm currently making the plaster dies that will make the imprint. Once that is done, the rest will follow pretty easily.

Thoughts and reactions are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment