Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Another Big Change

Some things can be planned on pretty easily. Other things make perfect sense even though they don't occur to you right away or someone else has to point them out.

Another era is coming to an end. Starting in July, customers will no longer be able to follow the brick path to the pottery shop. There will be new residents in the house once occupied by Sheila Varnum and their privacy needs to be respected. The path winds very tightly around the house - and right past many of its windows. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want complete strangers walking right past my windows and through my yard all day long, so I can't expect someone else to feel differently.

The pottery entrance will now be at the back of the building. The sign has been moved to the driveway at the lower end of the property. Drive up that driveway and you will find plenty of parking space and what used to be the employee entrance to Rowantrees.

It's the customer entrance now. It will take some time to reverse almost 80 years of customer habit, but I want to be a good neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment