Sunday, August 17, 2014

29 and Counting

Countdown to move: 29 days to go. I stopped in at the pottery today mostly because I was firing a glaze kiln and it's always a good idea to be present when the kiln should be shutting off. I did a little bit of glazing, but that wasn't part of my plan so I stopped and turned my attention elsewhere.

I had some customers stop in despite not being open (I never refuse people entrance if I am there). It resulted in a nice sale, so no regrets there.

Then I started packing up the greenware area. I finished trimming two large flaring bowls and four small urns - one of which will hold the ashes of my kitty Sophie, who passed away in March. Then I cleaned up the wheel and throwing tools, packed everything in boxes and unplugged the wheel.

That proved an oddly emotional moment. I didn't get teary-eyed or anything, but pulling that plug seemed a whole lot more profound than, say, pulling the plug on my vacuum cleaner. The wheel and all the throwing tools now sit out in the middle of the floor awaiting further marching orders.

Speaking of orders, I went over my order book again to make sure every current project is on track to be completed in the time I have left. It's going to be tight, but I will finish what I have started.

It looks like I may have a home for the ton of clay that needs to be kept from freezing. Now to call storage facilities to see what I can round up for the equipment and inventory. That's tomorrow's task.

No comments:

Post a Comment