Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 14, 2014: Day 14

Yup. I missed posting yesterday. By the time I was finished with everything it was about 10:00 p.m. and I was finally too exhausted to do anything but go to bed. I figured one day without a post won't hurt. And nothing much happened anyway outside of the normal packing. There wasn't a lot of that anyway since I was working a 12 hour truck shift.

Today was a little different. I got a lot accomplished, but if you have ever packed to move, you will understand how it goes. I am up to 43 boxes full of stock. I looked out on the empty sales room and saw...more pottery. Yup. There was a bunch of little stuff.

No matter how much you stuff into boxes, there always seem to be odds and ends hanging around looking like they're waiting for a streetcar. A small box should take care of it, but by that moment it was time to leave for the evening.

The plastic totes in the picture are packed with stock intended for craft fairs. The rest of it will go to the storage unit. I have reserved a rental truck for this weekend and, with any luck at all, the vast majority of Lowell Hill Pottery will be out of the building for good. No doubt there will be lots of little stuff tagging along after that, but small stuff I don't sweat.

Day 14 down, 11 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment